Saturday, May 22, 2010
Huntington Beach Experience
In an effort to be obedient to my bishop's counsel and in finding an opportunity for a little adventure... I went with a couple of my brave friends, Jen and Robynn, to the Huntington Beach, California mid singles conference in the end of April.
We flew out of Seattle early April 23rd. When we arrived in LA, we got our little rental car and headed to the Santa Monica pier. This is the boardwalk that has been made famous in different movies through the years...don't ask me what movies right now...I just know that it has. :) It is also the end of the famous Route 66. It was a beautiful day and we seized the moment to take lots of photos and to also enjoy a ferris wheel ride. It was awesome!
Before the trip, I had told my friends that I had to eat at an In N' Out while we were in California. So, after our stop at the Santa Monica pier, we headed for some yummy food from a personal favorite of mine. It definitely hit-the-spot. :)
We then headed to Huntington Beach where we checked into the Howard Johnson Hotel and took a quick nap to reenergize our already tired bodies for our weekend of fun in the sun. We then got ready to go to the Mid Singles Conference...I'm not gonna lie. We were a bit nervous and apprehensive and didn't really know quite what to expect. Friday night was actually a ton of fun! :) There was a dance at the church with a live band there from the '80s...no lie...they were totally decked out in '80s clothes and were singing songs from that popular decade we all grew up in. In the rooms surrounding the cultural hall, there were different activities going on. There was speed dating...quite the experience, Rock Band...love it, Foos Ball, Table Tennis, Karaoke, etc. We had fun experiencing it all. And, we got some flirting in with some cute guys...always a plus! :)
Saturday they had different workshops that were all really good and insightful. The Long Beach, California mission president was one of the speakers and actually was probably my favorite. That afternoon, we all headed to the beach for some good times in the sun. It wasn't too hot...just right with temps at about 70-75. Jen, Robynn and I enjoyed some window shopping and some delicious ice cream there, too. Saturday night, there was another dance and some other activities. Once again, fun times for all !
We flew home on Sunday and all agreed that we would definitely be checking out the upcoming mid singles conferences in the future. We had a great time and I think we all needed the time away to meet and mingle with other people who are at the same place in life. I think they said that the total number of attendees for the weekend was 1200. Amazing! I am really, really, really glad we went. I am pretty sure that Robynn and Jen can say the same thing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish the counsel from our Bishop to ME was to go on some adventurous trips! Ha ha ha!
Love the updates. You're an amazing friend. :)
Post a Comment