Sunday, June 6, 2010
High School Graduation...
First off, I have to explain why there has not been much blogging going on these days. I am SWAMPED!!! The end of the year at school is always the craziest with trying to get my kids graduated. It honestly sometimes takes all that I have to motivate them to keep going but if I can help one of them walk across that stage to receive their diploma, it is all worth it! I just got an email from a parent on Friday who just found out that their daughter had passed all of the credit retrieval classes that she needed to do in order to graduate. She was so excited and thanked me for all that I have done to help them. I also saw one of my students yesterday walking down the halls with his buddies. Tommy has made a 180 turnabout this year and will be graduating. I told him how proud I am of all of his hard work and to keep pressing on through the next little bit. He told me that he couldn't have done it without my help. Honestly, to see these kids achieve their goal of high school graduation...it makes it ALL worth it! I love my students!!! Next, I have to say that I CANNOT believe that it has been 14 years since I graduated from high school! What in the world? Where does the time go? This picture with my sweet Grandma was at MY graduation day...many years ago! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I know where has the time gone? I don't feel 14 years older than I was at graduation. Way to be an incredible role model to your students, Ang. THey are lucky to have you!
I can't think of a better person to do that job, or a better job for you. You are making such a difference in lives! I get the chills just thinking about your personal relationships with all those students and all your pep talks and encouragment. What a great thing.
Post a Comment