Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Primary Fun...

A Valentine's Day Surprise: Heart Attacking the Bishop
Stake Activity Days PJ Party
New Year's Breakfast with The Teachers
Our Awesome Bishopric
I have the amazing opportunity of serving in the Primary. I love the kids that I get to work with and I completely enjoy the other leaders and teachers that I serve with. Honestly, I don't know how I got so lucky to have this calling but I am grateful!!! (I do have to admit that Sharing Time horrifys me...I was in charge of it all month long! I survived and feel like I got a bit better each week.) In January, we had some pretty fun activities. The first Saturday in January we had a breakfast where the kids got to meet their teachers. Everyone had the opportunity to learn about each other. It was a lot of fun! Our awesome Bishop and his wife were the ring leaders for this activity. Another fun activity that we had in January was for the Activity Day Girls. The stake Primary Presidency put together a PJ party for the girls of the stake. It was great fun! The girls made pillows and enjoyed some yummy hot chocolate and sweet rolls. It was fun for our Activity Day Girls of the Surprise Lake Ward to socialize with the other girls of the stake....especially since we only have a handful of girls this age. Then, just last week we (the Activity Day Girls, leaders and myself) went and heart attacked our bishop's house. Way fun to leave this special surprise for our awesome bishop! I really do feel so blessed to be in the Surprise Lake Ward and am so grateful for my calling in the Primary! Let the good times roll! :)

3 comments:

Keri said...

Yea! I loved serving in the Primary! I'm excited for you with this calling! You are an amazing leader and have so much to offer the children in your ward. I need to come visit again - What's your summer like? Love you!

katie and co. said...

Now that's the AFG Counselor I know and love! :)

Sarah Stout said...

What a fun idea to do! I bet the kids just loved it. You are such a good peson and example to those kids, Angela. Way to magnify your calling! :)