Tuesday, April 6, 2010
FHE...
Tonight was great! My friend, Jen Hayes, invited me to go to a Family Home Evening up in Seattle. This family home evening is based out of a ward that is actually a magnet ward for the mid single adults (age 30-45) in Seattle. The ward is a family ward but anyone that fits into this category is welcome to attend, too. Anyways, the family home evening was held at the home of an older couple in the ward, the Halls. There was a group of about 20 of us that got together and talked about General Conference and what we had learned. It was really a neat evening and I felt the Spirit once again confirm to me of the truthfulness of the messages that were shared this past weekend. I am so grateful for a Prophet and other leaders of the church that guide us and tell us what Heavenly Father would have us know at this time. There really is safety and comfort in their words. After our conversation, there was time to mix and mingle a little bit. I ended up talking with Sister Hall for a little while. She told me about her daughter that had gotten married but then divorced a few years later. She told me that when her daughter was single again she pursued an education and became an elementary school counselor. Sister Hall told me that her daughter was truly happy. In a conversation that Sister Hall had with her daughter, her daughter told her that in regards to the dating situation she was going to let go and put it completely in the Lord's hands. Sister Hall went on to say how her daughter had done just that. Out of nowhere, a friend's brother came along and this daughter began to date him. Well, the rest is history. They are now married and are very happy. After hearing this story of success, I told Sister Hall that I was trying to do what her daughter had done. That I am trying to work on putting this "marriage situation" completely in the Lord's hands. Sister Hall then looked at me and said that she would be right back. She came back and gave me a little favor from her daughter's wedding that had the following quote on it... "God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning. It touched my heart that she would give me this. I believe this is true. God is so good to me. There really is so much happiness to be had and sometimes it is easy to let my mind and my heart get clouded over with thoughts of what I don't have rather than on focusing on what I do have. I am so abundantly blessed by the Lord. I need to work on trusting Him more and putting my faith in Him and His plan for me....to focus on the gifts that He gives to me on a daily basis. I know that in time, I will see this great gift unfold for me in my life but until then, I have to remember that I am living the life He would have me live right now......and I am finding Joy in the Journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Angela... you're AMAZING! Thank you for sharing these thoughts and testimony. I love you so much and am so grateful for you friendship. I know that as Sister Hall said that as you put your life into God's hands, you will continue to be blessed richly and abundantly :)
I love you Anj! You are such a great example to me! I know when we put our faith in the Lords plan things work out! Whomever wins your heart will be the luckiest guy ever! Until then enjoy being you! You are amazing!
Post a Comment