Sunday, April 18, 2010
Last weekend, Jessica and I took a trip North to the beautiful city of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It was my first experience EVER using my Passport! I was so excited. The guy at the Port of Entry was a bit scary with all of the questions that he asked but he was nice enough to stamp our passports. :) After waiting in heavy traffic for a while, we finally arrived in Vancouver. We looked around the city for a bit and then quickly found a delicious local restaurant for dinner. It was called Earl's. The food was delish! :) We then headed to the hotel. We stayed at the Empire Hotel. And, although it was a bit run down we found that it was clean and definitely a safe place to stay for the night. Plus, the price was right...and let's be honest, that is always a plus! The next day, we did some window shopping in Vancouver, drove around a beautiful park, Stanley Park, that reminded me a lot of Point Defiance (one of my most favorite spots in Washington), and found a suspension bridge that I walked across in the middle of a lush, green forest...Jess was a good sport. She is totally afraid of heights but was patient so that I could have my experience. We then drove south to Langley where the new Vancouver Temple has been built. It was the second day that the temple was having the open house and so we got to go through and see everything. The temple was breathtaking! Honestly, one of the most beautiful I have seen! The colors they chose to decorate with were beautiful...greens and blues. Plus, there were paintings of beautiful areas in British Columbia that adorned the walls. I was also a huge fan of the upholstery that they chose to use for the pews...I know it might sound strange but honestly...so classy and elegant. I loved it! After the temple, we began our trek home. We once again passed through customs...this time the guy didn't stamp our passports and actually laughed when we asked him to. But, it was still fun to be able to use the passport. This trip was a lot of fun and was definitely a nice break away. It was a great ending to a nice, relaxing Spring Break! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you had a blast!
How fun!!! That is awesome you took advantage of spring break...you deserve it!
Post a Comment