This week is Spring Break for my school district and I am going to be the first to admit that I am super happy about it! It seemed like it would never arrive! I honestly think that Spring Break is more for the staff members than it is for the kids. If we did not have Spring Break, I don't think that we would have educators. Anyways, I have thought a lot about what I am going to do this Spring Break and came up with the conclusion that I just want and need a break. So, instead of going on some big trip where I run myself ragged trying to do everything, I have decided to stay home this year. So far, so good....I got to sleep in this morning! :) I also am planning several trips to the gym, catching up on some reading, attending the temple (and doing work for an ancestor that I just found via http://www.familysearch.org/), and spending some good quality time with some of my awesome friends. The biggest thing that I am going to do is take an overnighter with my friend, Jessica, to Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are planning on leaving on Friday and making our first stop in Skagit Valley for the Tulip Festival. I went last year and it was absolutely beautiful! We then are going to continue our journey north and end up in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Neither one of us has ever been to Vancouver and so we are excited to go up and see the city that just hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics. The thing that has really inspired this journey northward is the Open House for the Vancouver, BC, Canada Temple. We are going to see the temple on Saturday before we make our trek back home. I love the temple and am so looking forward to this Open House. The faithful Canadian saints definitely merit a temple closer to them. The temple will be the first one in British Columbia. For several years, these Saints have been driving long distances to come to the Seattle Temple and to other temples in Canada (This will be #7 for Canada). What a blessing it is that we have temples on earth and that the work of the Lord rolls forward with more temples being built each year. I am so grateful. Until this weekend... I am enjoying my much needed break! :)
2 comments:
I hope you enjoy your trip! I've never been to the tuplip festival either. I need to go check it out also! Drive safe A! :)
Yay for Spring Break! I'll see you soon, Friend! :)
Post a Comment