I have a good friend of mine, Tenille, who is not afraid to go exploring with me. We get in the car and just drive. We have had so much fun seeing what is around the area and also just having our girl bonding time. Some of the places that we have gone? Well, we have ended up at the Naval Base in Bremerton, the foothills of Mt. Rainier, the beach at Ocean Shores and you guessed it...we went and paid a visit to the troll that lives under the bridge in Fremont. We called this excursion "troll hunting." I thought it was very interesting how many comments I got on my facebook status when I posted that I was going "troll hunting." The dating scene at times might feel like that but I can assure you our troll hunting was a bit more adventurous this particular night. :) Not only did we find the troll, but we also found some other cement figures that were dressed up as if they were having a big celebration. We couldn't resist taking some pictures with our new found friends. :) (If you are interested in finding out more about the Fremont Troll visit this website: www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2236
So, why do we call our adventures, "Going to Mexico?" It all started when I told Tenille about an experience I had while I was living in Arizona. I lived there for only six months and was there just so that I could do my undergraduate internship. Anyways, one night while I was there I was hanging out with a couple of my friends. We had been to dinner, played games, watched movies, etc. It was midnight and none of us were tired. We were thinking about what we could do and were talking about how none of us had been to Mexico. Then one guy blurted out, "Let's go to Mexico." So, that's exactly what we did. We got in my car and drove down to Mexico. We even made it across the border without any problems. We got there around 4 AM and let me tell you...the only thing that is happening in Nogales at that time of night is the bar thing. We obviously didn't want this and so we took some pictures of our adventure, walked around for an hour and jumped back in the car and headed home. It was...and might still be...the most random thing that I have ever done. So, when I told Tenille about this, she drove to Ocean Shores on a whim and thus, we began our Mexico trips. :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you've decided to join the blogging world once more!
Post a Comment