Monday, December 21, 2009

Nine Years???

On December 20, 2000, I returned from serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Although several years have now passed, this experience is still one of the most valuable, beloved, life changing highlights of my life! I loved serving as a missionary in the California, San Bernardino Spanish Speaking Mission and am truly a better person because of my time in California. I really don't think that there is a day that goes by that I don't think about the mission! I loved the wonderful people, the many different cultures, the Spanish language and most importantly the Gospel message that I shared everyday for 18 months. I love my companions and am grateful for the lifelong friendships that have come as a direct result of serving as a missionary. Thank heavens that Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when He called me on a mission! Now the question is...where has the time gone???

2 comments:

Alonso Family said...

no kidding, Hermana, where did it go? ah, ni modo, te quiero y estoy siempre agradacida por conocerte!

Cami said...

Has it really been that long? That means it has been what, 12 years since AFG? Crazy! I can only imagine what a fantastic missionary you were and continue to be. You have a love for others that is hard to find. You inspire me Ang!!