Jenn and I had a really neat experience as we were traveling to Utah on the second day of the journey. We started feeling hungry for dinner right around Twin Falls, Idaho and we decided that we would stop and eat. As we pulled off the freeway, we saw off in the distance an Angel Moroni. That could only mean one thing...there was a temple in the area. We decided to navigate the RAV4 in that direction so that we could see the temple. When we arrived at the temple, we noticed that there were people going from the chapel of the Stake Center into the temple. There was also a guy in the parking lot that was directing traffic. We pulled up to the guy and he told us that the Open House for the temple had begun and that it was the VIP day...meaning for people in the community that were associated with the press, other churches, the government, etc. He told us that we were welcome to join them. Jenn and I looked at each other...here we were in our traveling clothes. How could we go to a temple open house like that? The guy talked to us some more and told us that there had been quite a few people that had pulled off the highway for the tour and that others had looked how we did. We decided to go for it and we are so glad that we did! The temple is absolutely beautiful! It is a smaller temple but wow! It is amazing! There was such a neat spirit throughout the building...especially in the Celestial Room. The tour guide, who was actually a General Authority, invited us to think about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the love that they have for us. A feeling of peace and love came over me as I sat there in the temple. Here I was in scrubs and a t-shirt and still Heavenly Father was aware of me and poured his spirit and his love upon me. I love the temple and everything it stands for! What a blessing it was to be able to enter!
After the tour, they invited us to the Stake Center where they had a buffet of food set up and they were also giving out Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD's. We truly were treated like VIP's.
Now, if you need to stop on a long road trip...tell me what could be better than this??? It was great!!!
4 comments:
What a beautiful day. I think there is a lovely message in your experience. The Savior never said "Come Unto Me, but only when you are washed clean and your life is perfectly in order". :)
If so, His sacrifice would be in vain, and we would have nowhere to turn.
And besides, how lucky to be with the VIP tour! - thanks for sharing
I am so happy to see an update. I have you on my reader. That is how I knew you updated. What a fun summer you have had! I love the temple trip. It is fun to see Jenn too. I see her occasionally on tv with the choir. How neat for her to be apart of it! Please keep in touch.
Post a Comment