Monday, November 9, 2009

The Primary Program

Yesterday, we had our primary program. The theme this year has been My Eternal Family. Everything we have learned in Primary this year has been centered around eternal families and how we can build an eternal family. Our Primary President gave all of the children a statement to complete in their own words. The kids were all so cute and sincere. They all shared their sweet thoughts and insights on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how the family is central to that eternal plan. One little girl said the following, "Fathers preside over, provide for, and protect the family with love. I know this to be true because my daddy tells me he loves me, he goes to work everyday and he tickles me." A little boy said, "Prayer strengthens me and my family. I know this to be true because of the blessings God is giving us everyday." Another little boy said, "The prophet today teaches me how to strengthen my family. I know this to be true because President Monson counsels parents and children to love one another and have peace in our homes." The last one that I am going to share was from another little boy. He said the following,"I am thankful for my family. I will serve them. I know this to be true because one day I made my mom's bed. She was so happy. I felt so happy inside because she was so happy." These Primary children are so sweet! My heart took a picture as I witnessed as they gave their thoughts and sang their songs with their whole hearts. There is just something about the innocence of youth. They know what they believe and they live what they believe. They don't doubt. They are happy and they live the gospel. No wonder why the Savior has counseled us to be like them. I am grateful for my calling to serve in the Primary and the opportunity that I have to work with these amazing children. My life has definitely been enriched by them. That is for sure!

No comments: