Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Hero

The last day I was in Utah, mom and I drove down to American Fork to see Hal and Andrea Johnson. We enjoyed a delicious lunch of homemade clam chowder and a fun heart-to-heart conversation with them. These are two of my most favorite people ever! Andrea is a hero in my eyes. She was diagnosed with a chronic kidney disease back in May of 2005. Since then, Andrea has undergone many medical procedures and exams. The most recent of which was a kidney transplant on October 6th...the very same day that I had my surgery. Her awesome son, Shae, was the donor. Andrea is a woman of great faith and attributes all that she has been given to her Heavenly Father. In her own words, she has been "nurtured by His love." Andrea has a positive attitude about life and has not let her situation get her down. Instead, she seeks out opportunities to serve those around her. She is a supportive mother, grandmother and friend. It's easy to feel comfortable in her presence because she makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world at that moment. She has been in the recovery process since October but is looking health and is as happy as ever. I am so grateful for Andrea...she is truly a hero in my eyes.

No comments: