Wednesday, July 7, 2010

On June 19, 2010, I had the blessing of attending the wedding of my dear friend Diana Hughes and her sweetheart, Brad Howell. On the 18th, there was a beautiful wedding dinner held in their honor at the Joseph Smith Building. They had a buffet of several delicious foods and they also had a fun little program. Diana's sister-in-laws made up a dance and song to "Dancing Queen" but instead changed it to, "Diana Queen." They equipped it with crazy disco costumes and huge hair wigs. It was pretty hilarious. There was also a dance for everyone that followed the program. I had a great time at the wedding dinner catching up with my awesome friends Nate and Heidi. I have missed not seeing them and so it was for sure a bonus to be able to reconnect with them. They have a darling little girl and are also expecting another little girl in November. So fun! The wedding ceremony was beautiful and was performed in the Salt Lake Temple. That evening they had their reception at This is the Place Monument Park. It was very simple but very elegant and beautiful. Perhaps the funnest connection made this weekend was to find out that Brad's grandma was my kindergarten teacher...it's a small world after all! It was so fun to see her...after SO many years! :) Overall, it was a very special weekend and I am grateful I was able to be in attendance. I love you, Diana and Brad! Congratulations!!! :)

1 comment:

Keri said...

Small world - yes it is - the Howell's were in my ward years ago, Linda, Brad's mom was my YW leader and I babysat her boys and taught the 2 youngest piano! Love to keep up with you through your blog!!!! Hope you are enjoying your summer!