34 years ago tomorrow, my sister, Kimberly Knight, was born in Salt Lake City, Utah. She came into the world full of energy and enthusiasm and she left much the same way on March 16, 1995. She touched many lives in the 19 years that she was here with us and I am grateful for the impact that she had on my life. Although it has been almost 15 years since Kim and Mary passed away in that fatal car accident, I know that she is still a huge part of my life. I am so grateful for the knowledge that families can be together forever and that I can someday be reunited with Kim. That will be an awesome day! Each year on her birthday, my family in Utah enjoys dinner at The Training Table...that was one of Kim's favorite restaurants....she especially LOVED the cheese fries and the dipping sauce! I will do my best to find some cheese fries tomorrow in Washington. I have had luck with finding them at bowling alleys and if requested, Red Robin will do the job for me. I will also listen to some of the Cranberries tomorrow...that was Kim's favorite group. Whatever it is that I end up doing, one thing is for sure...I miss you and love you, Kim! You are the best!!! Happy Birthday!!!


10 comments:
That's neat that you do things to remember her... you are a wonderful family and I'm sure it will be a well deserved reunion someday! Love you...
What a wonderful post Angela! Thank you for sharing that with me :)
I am seriously getting teary reading this it is hard to believe that 15 years has come and gone. I can remember finding out like it was yesterday. I know that Kim would be extremely proud of the amazing woman you are.
Happy Birthday Kim!! We all love and miss you sooo much! Thanks Angela for this wonderful post. I love you too sissy. Soo grateful for the temple and that families are eternal!
Oh, hugs to you! I wish I would have known her. I'm sure she was just as amazing as the rest of your family.
This is such a perfect picture of Kim and Mary! Your post brought back so many emotions. Honestly this is how i picture the both of them in Heaven.
I will never forget meeting Kim for the first time. It was was my first sunday at the 10th ward and I went and sat by Kim in sunday school and that is all it took! I love your family so much!
Angela you are amazing. I love you so much. These days hurt your heart but as the years go on it becomes a day special just for them. I know my family tries to do something in memory of my Dad each year on his passing. Your family is amazing and I am grateful to know you all.
Ang,
It's hard to believe it's been 15 years. I feel lucky to have known Kim and to have felt of that contagious zest for life she had! What a cute tradition about Training Table. I'm sure it's still hard for you and your family to be without her, but what a blessing to have the knowledge of eternal families. I look forward to seeing Kim again someday too.
Love,
Carrie
Such a sweet post about a fantastic sister!
I think it's important to take the time to really remember those who have gone on before. I was writing about this the other day. These people are now our guardian angels. They are there, even if we can't always recognize it. They know our struggles and are doing their best to guide us through the good and bad times in our lives.
Post a Comment